[RINA] next RINA meeting

Flavio Esposito flavio at cs.bu.edu
Tue Oct 19 10:41:39 EDT 2010

Dear all,
this Friday I will be presenting the ReArch paper entitled:
*Cabernet: Connectivity Architecture for Better Network
Services<http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.139.7398&rep=rep1&type=pdf>
*by: Yaping Zhu, Rui Zhang-Shen, Sampath Rangarajan, and Jennifer Rexford

Flavio

Abstract:
*Deploying and managing wide-area network services is exceptionally
challenging. Despite having servers at many locations,
a service provider must rely on an underlying best effort
network; a network provider can offer services over its
own customized network, but only within limited footprint.
In this paper, we propose Cabernet (Connectivity Architecture
for Better Network Services), a three-layer network architecture
that lowers the barrier for deploying wide-area
services. We introduce the connectivity layer, which uses
virtual links purchased from infrastructure providers to run
virtual networks with the necessary geographic footprint, reliability,
and performance for the service providers. As an
example, we present a cost-effective way to support IPTV
delivery through wide-area IP multicast that runs on top of a
reliable virtual network.

*