[RINA] Question for all of you

akin at bu.edu akin at bu.edu
Sat Oct 2 10:23:09 EDT 2010

prior to rina, i would usually think that a layer fulfills a defined
communication requirement/ use case using some mechanisms. then by
encapsulating a layer inside another layer we can compose functions to
fulfill our communication goal.

i feel a layer should be a property of a set of systems ? in the
traditional sense, it may be difficult to abstract the effects of other
systems in a networked system into a traditional layer ?

Joseph