[NRG] Fwd: Google is Hiring in Networking

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Tue Dec 5 08:58:06 EST 2017

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *David Wetherall* <wetherall at google.com>
Date: Tuesday, December 5, 2017
Subject: Google is Hiring in Networking
To: goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Cc: mogul at google.com

Dear Sharon,

We are reaching out to faculty we know to recruit strong full-time hires
and interns to help us design and develop Google's computer networks.

Network Infrastructure at Google is an engineering organization, with
integrated research and development, that is responsible for the design and
development of much of Google's datacenter, backbone, and edge networks. We
are located in Sunnyvale (CA), New York City, and Madison (WI). Our
products are some of the busiest and most innovative networks on Earth. We
explore all manner of network systems issues from SDN to routing, traffic
engineering, congestion control, transport, host/edge networking,
virtualization and management. We have deep connections to the academic
research community, and you can see our external research profile at
http://research.google.com/teams/netsys/

Full-time Hires

> We are always looking for new team members. We seek talented software
engineers with a BS, MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, especially those
who are strong systems builders. Knowledge of network and distributed
systems techniques is a plus, but not a requirement since we expect our
team members to explore new topics as necessary. To apply, you will need to
submit an application via Google's official process. After applying, send
us an email so that we understand your situation and can steer your
application towards the best fit.

Software Engineer, PhD University Graduate
https://careers.google.com/jobs#!t=jo&jid=/google/software-
engineer-phd-university-1600-amphitheatre-pkwy-mountain-view-ca-2777960369&

Software Engineer, University Graduate
https://careers.google.com/jobs#!t=jo&jid=/google/software-
engineer-university-graduate-1600-amphitheatre-pkwy-
mountain-view-ca-2799530089&

Interns

> Now is the time to set up internships for next summer. Our positions are
normally for 12-14 weeks.  We like hiring interns because it exposes us to
great students who we might want to hire in the future, and infuses fresh
ideas into our projects. We hope that exposure to the industry's
state-of-the-art in networking is valuable experience for your students. To
apply, you will need to submit an application via Google’s official
process. We strongly encourage students to apply ASAP, as later
applications have a lower success rate. The first step is for you to pass
screening interviews when they are scheduled by Google's recruiters. Before
applying, we recommend you browse the information at:
http://www.google.com/about/careers/students/howtoapply.html. After
applying, send us an email so that we understand your situation and can
steer your application towards the best fit.

Software Engineering Intern, PhD, Summer 2018
https://careers.google.com/jobs#!t=jo&jid=/google/software-
engineering-intern-phd-summer-345-spear-st-san-francisco-ca-usa-2824680007&

Regards,

-- David Wetherall (wetherall at google.com)
-- Amin Vahdat (vahdat at google.com)
-- Jeff Mogul (mogul at google.com)