[NRG] Talk Alberto Dainotti (Tuesday 11am)

Giovanni Comarela gcom at bu.edu
Fri Feb 26 17:01:56 EST 2016

Hi all,

Alberto Dainotti from CAIDA will give a talk next Tuesday about
BGPStream -- details below (joint with BUSEC).

Regards,
Giovanni Comarela

---

When: Tuesday, March 1, 11am
Where: MCS148

Title: BGPStream, A framework for the historical analysis and
real-time monitoring of BGP data

Abstract: I will present the design and implementation of BGPStream,
an open-source software framework (available at bgpstream.caida.org)
for the analysis of historical and live Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
measurement data. Although BGP is a crucial operational component of
the Internet infrastructure, and is the subject of fundamental
research (in the areas of performance, security, topology, protocols,
economy, ...), there is no standard and easy way of processing large
amounts of BGP measurement data. BGPStream fills this gap by making
available a set of API and tools for processing large amounts of live
and historical data thus supporting investigation of specific events,
rapid prototyping, and building complex tools and efficient
large-scale monitoring applications (e.g., detection of connectivity
disruptions or BGP hijacking attacks). I will describe the design
choices and challenges in the development of BGPStream. I will present
how the components of the framework can be used in different
applicative scenarios, and I will describe the development and
deployment of complex services for global Internet monitoring that we
built on top of it.