[NRG] Complimentary Registration to IEEE Cloud Engineering Conference at BU
best at bu.edu
Wed Feb 26 08:04:57 EST 2014
Thanks to industry sponsorship, the 2014 IEEE International Conference on Cloud Engineering (IC2E), to be held on March 10-14 at BU, is offering a limited number of complimentary registrations for local students to attend the conference. The complimentary registration will allow a student to attend all conference sessions (including the tutorials, workshops, the technical program, and the cloud summit) and coffee breaks, but not the reception, lunches or banquet. If you are interested, please let Ellen Grady <grady at bu.edu> (we are also looking for a few students to help with logistics and registration during the conference).
Due to limited availability, the complimentary registrations will be given on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Below are someIC2E highlights.
Two keynote speeches at the main conference:
· Michael Stonebraker (Co-Director of Intel Science and Technology Center at MIT): Enterprise Database Applications and the Cloud -- A Difficult Road Ahead
· Stuart Feldman (VP of Engineering, Google): The Cloudy Future - Challenges of Scale, Implications for the World
An industry cloud summit, with the following speakers:
· Brian Stevens, Executive Vice President and CTO, Red Hat
· Paul Rad, VP Private Cloud, Rackspace
· Michael Enescu, CTO of Open Source Initiatives, Cisco
· Christopher Ferris, Distinguished Engineer and CTO of Cloud Interoperability, IBM
· Daniel Sturman, Engineering Director, Google
In addition to the main conference, there will be four tutorials and five workshops. The tutorials program covers the following timely topics:
· Using GENI for Cloud Computing Research
· Grid’5000 for Cloud Infrastructure Experimentation
· Open Source Cloud Platforms - OpenStack and CloudFoundry
· Cloud-Hosted Databases: Technologies, Challenges and Opportunities
The co-located workshops are:
· IEEE International Workshop on Cloud Analytics
· IEEE International Workshop on Software Defined Systems
· IEEE International Workshop on the Future of PaaS
· IEEE International Workshop on Cloud Computing for Signal Processing, Coding, and Networking
· IEEE 3rd International Workshop on Cloud Computing Interclouds, Multiclouds, Federations, and Interoperability
The full program is at http://conferences.computer.org/ic2e/2014/index.htm
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NRG-L