[Nrg-l] Reminder: NRG Presentation: March/30/2009

Jorge Londoño jmlon at cs.bu.edu
Sun Mar 29 23:19:30 EDT 2009

*Speaker:* Chong Wang

*Title:*
A New Economic-Based Model for AS Topology Generation

*Abstract:*

In this talk I will present our in-progress work on a new economic-based
model for AS topology generation. Compared to traditional mathematical
models, economic-based models reveal more practical situations during
the formation and evolution of the network. Based on observations from
publicly available facts, we designed a new economic-based AS topology
generation model. It incorporates some recent results from the network
community and reveals more constraints in reality compared to existing
models. In our model, each AS selfishly optimizes its own utility, and
its optimized decision has influence over the whole network and thus all
ASs. We model the optimization problem for each AS, devise mechanism to
solve the problem and discuss the properties of generated topologies
from different parameter settings.

*Time and Place:*
4:00pm, Grad Lounge