[Nrg-l] Remainder - Friday December 14 @ 10am

Jorge Londoño jmlon at cs.bu.edu
Wed Dec 12 11:26:11 EST 2007

*Invited Speaker: Agustin Chaintreau*

*Opportunistic Mobile Social Networks *

*Abstract: *
Portable devices with increasing storage and communication capabilities
becomes more common everyday. For delay-tolerant applications, these
devices may exploit human mobility and
local contacts, bypassing infrastructure to extend services and increase
capacity. This talk presents a couple of issues related with the theory
and practice of such opportunistic mobile networks. The notion of the
diameter of a network is revisited with regard to time, as we provide
evidences that the small world effects are relevant even under an
optimal delay. We then describe a practical case of mobile social
application that is being tested this week among participants of a
conference. Questions and discussions about this topic are highly
encouraged.

(this project is a joint work with Jason Lebrun, Abderrahmen Mtibaa,
Earl Oliver, Anna Kaisa Pietilainen, Jon Crowcroft, Christophe Diot,
Laurent Massoulié)

Place: Grad Lounge
Time: 10am