[Nrg-l] FW: Sem in Prob: Stationary Processes I

Mark Crovella crovella at cs.bu.edu
Thu Sep 22 09:20:00 EDT 2005

Looks like a good introductory lecture.
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Murad Taqqu [mailto:murad at math.bu.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 10:58 PM
To: prob-sem at math.bu.edu
Subject: Sem in Prob: Stationary Processes I

SERIES: Prob. and Stat. Seminar at Boston University

SPEAKER: Mamikon Ginovyan (Boston University)

DATE:  Tuesday, September 27, 2005

TIME:  10 am - noon

PLACE: MCS 135
 (Boston University, 111 Cummington Street, Mathematics Department)

TITLE: Stationary processes I

ABSTRACT:
Yes will define the basic characteristics of stochastic processes, and
will state Kolmogorov's theorem on existence of a stochastic process
with given family of finite-dimensional distribution functions.
Then, we will consider some special classes of stochastic processes:
second order processes, strictly and wide sense stationary processes,
Gaussian processes. Some examples of stationary processes will also be
presented.
This is the first of a series of lectures.

REMINDER: Thursday, September 22, 2005
Jin Feng
"Large deviation for Markov processes and related analysis"

All our welcome.
Announcements will be done by email and through the Web Page:

   http://math.bu.edu/people/murad/

| Murad S. Taqqu           | Dept. of Mathematics  |
| murad at math.bu.edu        | 111 Cummington Street |
| TEL: (617) 353-3022      | Boston University     |
| FAX: (617) 353-8100      | Boston, MA 02215-2411 |
|           http://math.bu.edu/people/murad        |