[Nrg-l] (no subject)

Vijay Erramilli evijay at cs.bu.edu
Tue Oct 18 09:43:26 EDT 2005

Hi All,

Hany will be presenting the paper: "Modeling epidemic information
dissemination on mobile devices with finite buffers" this week.

The paper appeared in Sigmetrics 2005

Where: Graduate Lounge
When: 11 AM, Thursday 20 Oct 2005

The abstract follows.

Cheers,
Vijay

Abstract

Epidemic algorithms have recently been proposed as an effective solution
for disseminating information in large-scale peer-to-peer (P2P) systems
and in mobile ad hoc networks (MANET). In this paper, we present a
modeling approach for steady-state analysis of epidemic dissemination of
information in MANET. As major contribution, the introduced approach
explicitly  represents the spread of multiple data items, finite buffer
capacity at mobile devices and a least recently used buffer replacement
scheme. Using the introduced modeling approach, we analyze seven degrees of separation (7DS)
as one well-known approach for implementing P2P data sharing in a MANET
using epidemic dissemination of information. A validation of results derived
from the analytical model against simulation shows excellent agreement.
Quantitative performance curves derived from the analytical model yield
several insights for optimizing the system design of 7DS.

http://portal.acm.org/ft_gateway.cfm?id=1064227&type=pdf&coll=GUIDE&dl=GUIDE&CFID=55709970&CFTOKEN=38896886