[Nrg-l] Boston University Statistics and Computer Science Seminar (Oct 17, 5pm)

Mark Crovella crovella at cs.bu.edu
Tue Oct 11 20:57:32 EDT 2005

PLEASE NOTE SPECIAL DAY AND TIME!

            Boston University Statistics Seminar Series
			joint with Computer Science

Time:    Monday, October 17, 5-6:00pm	  (** NOTE SPECIAL DAY AND TIME
**)

Title:  Streaming Algorithms and Signal Recovery

Speaker:  Anna Gilbert
          Mathematics Department
          University of Michigan, Ann Arbor

Abstract:
---------

In this talk, I will present a collection of algorithms for recovering
information about a signal from a small number of linear measurements.
I will discuss practical design issues in these algorithms and relate
them to a decade of work in streaming algorithms.

Location:
		MCS 149, Department of Mathematics and Statistics
		Boston University, 111 Cummington Street, Boston

		Tea and cookies will be served at 4:30pm in MCS 153.

Hosts: Eric Kolaczyk and Mark Crovella