[Nrg-l] NRG this week

Niky Riga inki at cs.bu.edu
Mon Jul 25 16:44:03 EDT 2005

Hi,
This week we are going to continue the theme that Hany started the
previous week on geographic routing protocols for Wireless Sensor
Networks. Boulat is going to present the following paper

"Geographic Routing Made Practical"
Young-Jin Kim, Ramesh Govindan, Brad Karp, and Scott Shenker
appeared at NSDI'05 (http://enl.usc.edu/papers/cache/cldp_nsdi05.pdf)
The abstract of the talk follows.

NRG will take place in the Graduate Lounge, on Wednasday (July 27th) at 4:00pm.

Cheers,
Niky

ABSTRACT
--------------------

Geographic routing has been widely hailed as the most
promising approach to generally scalable wireless routing.
However, the correctness of all currently proposed
geographic routing algorithms relies on idealized assumptions
about radios and their resulting connectivity
graphs. We use testbed measurements to show that these
idealized assumptions are grossly violated by real radios,
and that these violations cause persistent failures in geographic
routing, even on static topologies. Having identi-
fied this problem, we then fix it by proposing the Cross-
Link Detection Protocol (CLDP), which enables provably
correct geographic routing on arbitrary connectivity
graphs. We confirm in simulation and further testbed
measurements that CLDP is not only correct but practical:
it incurs low overhead, exhibits low path stretch, always
succeeds in real, static wireless networks, and converges
quickly after topology changes.