[macs-faculty] MACS faculty meeting this Friday

Mayank Varia varia at bu.edu
Tue Sep 5 17:33:26 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Two quick comments just for faculty members:

   1. Let me know by *tomorrow* (9/6) if you want me to reserve you a
   parking spot at the Warren Towers parking garage. (This is only for non-BU
   people.)
   2. One item we should discuss at the faculty meeting is the InTrans
   program <https://www.nsf.gov/cise/ccf/ccf-intrans.jsp>, which is only
   open for the big Frontier grants. Basically: if we can find corporate
   sponsorship for a project *and* get the company to sign a letter to NSF
   committing them to paying some money, then NSF will provide an extra 1/3
   matching. Daniel, Ran, Vinod, and I ran into Nina at Crypto and she
   strongly encouraged us to apply for this program. If you can think of a
   potential sponsor to include in this request, please let us know on Friday.
   (Apparently Intel has commonly provided such funding in the past to other
   Frontiers. If anybody has a connection there, perhaps we should explore it.)

Thanks,
Mayank