[macs-faculty] Supplemental funding for tech transition

Mayank Varia varia at bu.edu
Sun Jul 9 21:42:39 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Quick reminder of something that was mentioned during our site visit:
Frontier projects can request supplemental funding to support tech
transition.

In essence: if you have money from industry to support MACS-related work,
NSF will kick in an extra 33%. There are two caveats: we can only submit
two such requests MACS-wide, and they'll only approve up to $1.5m in this
way.

If you have (or will obtain) industry funding and think that it is worth
putting together a request to NSF for this special type of supplement, let
Ran and I know. We'll then coordinate with everyone before making official
requests.

Thanks,
Mayank