[macs-faculty] MACS Project Meeting

Mayank Varia varia at bu.edu
Sat Feb 25 19:24:34 EST 2017

Hi everyone,

Let's catch up on the wide array of activities since the site visit by
having another project meeting. Two requests here.

First, fill out this Doodle poll <http://doodle.com/poll/494bcrb32mtzbq6n>
to indicate which days you're free for a meeting during the spring
semester. (I started with Fridays for now. If they don't work, I'll try
another day of the week.)

Second, email me if you have a topic that you want your students to present
at the project meeting. Anything is fair game; of particular interest
though are (1) talks by departing postdocs and (2) work that addresses the
concerns expressed in the site visit report, which I summarize below.

   - Realize our "mix and match" vision with UC by showing alternative
   realizations for components that can be substituted with each other
   securely and that have different functionality/performance tradeoffs.
   - Integrate the theoretical and systems-focused research.
   - Leverage the unique opportunities provided by our collaboration with
   the MOC.
   - Technology transfer: go beyond the software prototyping stage and
   produce something used by industry/the world.
   - Replace indistinguishability obfuscation (iO) with less heavyweight
   tools, possibly by considering stronger trust models and assumptions.

Thanks,