[macs-faculty] Presentation requests

Mayank Varia varia at bu.edu
Fri Sep 30 11:25:39 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

In addition to Ran's request for info about the future directions
(reproduced below for completeness), let me make a few requests of my own
regarding the site visit presentations:

1. Please make sure that the time listed on the google doc (link
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ukSt9g61YYuoKjDIiXjiaaXGoJO7eLP9AjTduXu2sbw/edit>)
is adequate for your talk. If you need more time, send me an email before
Monday at noon so I can adjust the schedule accordingly. We will need to
keep the day moving along, so I reserve the right to cut you off during the
site visit if you go over your time.

2. Please finalize your talks by the end of the day on Tuesday 10/4 at the
latest. I want to merge them all into a single presentation on Wed 10/5.

3. In order to show connections to the works of various other
faculty/students, I have added a new file called
template-pictures-and-icons.pptx to the Dropbox folder. It contains
pictures of all MACS faculty and two icons. Place the pictures on the
top-right corner of any slide in which you discuss work performed by
others. Also, if you're going to make a connection to somebody else's
talk/poster, please use the icons to visually indicate the connection.

4. Please upload some version of your talk by the end of the day today
(Friday), even if it is still in the works. Ran and I plan to finalize the
common architecture slide over the weekend, and I would like to be able to
substitute an updated version into all of your talks too. (I'll send you an
email over the weekend before I modify your files, so as to avoid merge
conflicts.)

Thanks,
Mayank