[macs-faculty] The future direction talk

Ran Canetti canetti at tau.ac.il
Thu Sep 29 23:15:30 EDT 2016

I'm asking for input re what to say in the future directions talk.

Two obvious things to say are that:

1. we plan to continue working on things that we said we would do and
didnt yet get to doing, such as various UC analyses:

- of openstack

- of the fucntionality/security of the HIL service

- of the functionality/security  provided by Ascend, by Sanctum, by SGX.

- of the functionality/security of a number of Ebbs

- of encrypted/searchable DB systems, along with quantified leakage (eg
in the language of differential privacy)

- of  Proactive defense and MTD

- of Network time protocols

2. that we plan to do overall composable analysis of applications using
the above services and infrastructure components

These are things that we said we would do, and we can certainly commit
to doing (or at least trying).  And these will hopefully make the panel
happy.

Question is what else? any other pieces of vision or direction that
would be good to say? globally or on specific aspects of the project?
any agenda that we want to put forth?  This could be a nice opportunity...

thx,

Ran