[macs-faculty] Panel makeup and questions for the site visit

Ran Canetti canetti at tau.ac.il
Tue Sep 20 13:42:37 EDT 2016

Dear fellow culprits:

Nina shared with us the makeup of the panel, see below. Quite impressive I must say... note that on the NSF side there is also Ken Calvert, which is Nina's boss at NSF (head of the "systems" part of CISE).

(Just to make sure: Nina asked that we do NOT CONTACT any of the panelists regarding this visit.)

Perhaps equally importantly: Apparently the panel had an initial meeting, and Nina summarized some specific requests that the panel made. See below. (We kinda knew all of them but good that they stress. Will send out later tonight the arch slide that I've been working on.

Ran

Panel membership:

NSF:
Calvert, Kenneth L.
Hodges, Timothy
Nikolich, Anita
Amla, Nina

Panelists:

Patrick Schaumont 	Virginia Tech
Aditya Akella 	U. Wisconsin
Brian LaMacchia 	MSR
Dave Evans 	UVA
Carl Gunter 	UIUC
Robert van Renesse 	Cornell
Chris Peikert 	U. Michigan

directives from panel:

  1. The collaboration and leadership presentation should have a (1) list of publications that include authors from than one university on the grant, (2) list of publications that include authors across topic areas (such as authors in both theory and systems/networks), and (3) graphic to illustrate collaborations on the project so far.
2. An explicit discussion on the TTP milestones should be a part of outreach presentation.
3. The overview should outline what was proposed, and what has been achieved thus far. The overview should include a single logical/architectural framework as proposed in the feedback from the 1st year site visit. Please use this architectural framework to guide what research you present, showing us the most significant results for each architectural element.