[macs-faculty] Talk assignments for the site visit...

Ran Canetti canetti at tau.ac.il
Sat Sep 17 21:46:33 EDT 2016

Hi All -

First, apologies again for silence. turns out what dragged me down all
last week was pneumonia, now i'm all loaded up with antibiotics and
feeling better.

Second, I;m attaching the most recent milestones document (from july
15). while this is not a "formal document", we should be expecting the
panel to know about it and compare our progress to it. so we better do
it ourselves.

i color coded the elements in the first and second year columns
according to our situation there (imho): blaxck means good shape, blue
means we're making good progres and be done soon, orange means some
partial/initial prograss, and red means nothing...

Also note that the partitioning to topics in the milestones is more
along the lines of the proposal (ie verifiabiltiy, privacy, db,  system
infrastructure) than the partitioning in the presentations.   I still
think that the partitioning of the presentations is reasonable, since it
is more organic to what we did, but we will need to make sure we give
the correct mapping of each result to the milestones/initial proposal
doc. I'll work tomorrow on a base layout slide that all talks can
hopefully use.

also, lets start discussing within each "topic" how to present the stuff
there. finally:  Jonathan, Nikolai, George, Daniel: hope you are up for
your  jobs :)

Ran

I'm also attaching the final comments of the panel for the proposal -
the current panel will get those comments. Also attaching what we
promised to do after the first site visit.