[macs-faculty] Talk assignments for the site visit...

Ran Canetti canetti at bu.edu
Wed Sep 14 23:34:55 EDT 2016

Hi -

Sorry it took me time to write.  recovering from a nasty flu.
Mayank and I sketched a suggestion for the talks,  and even proposed
speakers.  Please take a look and see if you agree with the plan and if
you are ok with your talking assignment.

The idea was to try to have people talk also about  the work of others,
but without going too crazy with this.

Also since the main issue that they keep raising is the UC part, I'll
talk about it specifically.

Frans says (and I believe him) that we must be well rehearsed as a group
well before the meeting.  So for this purpose we set next fri (the 23)
as a dress rehearsal day - or at least for the first two sessions and
the last one (future directions).  So please be ready with your
presentations by then.

We'll send out a template for slides.

The full assignments are in the google link below. Let me repeat here
the first two sessions:

**Technical achievements (120 minutes):
*

Ran (30 mins):  An overview of the original plan, and what we did so far.

Jonathan (20 mins:) infrastructure: ascend, sanctum, ebbrt, hil.

Nikolai (30 mins:)  systems for privacy and integrity preservation:
mylar, splinter, stadium, George’s NRA work, modular OPE,**the mapreduce
MPC+musketeer work. other stuff?

Daniel (20 mins):  algorithmic/foundational work:  the db delegation
works,  multi-key fhe, hom sigs, efficient mpc works, garbled ram,
obfuscation works. other stuff?

Ran (20 mins):  UC work done

*Leadership and collaboration (45 minutes): *

Mayank (10 min): Collaboration overview,

including postdoc connections and summary of cross-disciplinary efforts

Mayank: the UC openstack work

Marten: Ring/Onion/Flat ORAM and Sanctum (all works that deal with
memory access patterns in different ways, includes work with Daniel and
Srini)

Mayank: MPC at scale using Musketeer

Vinod: Splinter querying on public data

**Knowledge transfer (45 minutes): **

Orran: MOC summary and EbbRT integration + medical imaging application
(includes work with Jonathan)

*Azer: pay equity *

Frans: medical survey web application for endometriosis patients

[sharon: did you want to talk about *the* NTP tech transfer work?]

*

Let us know what you think!

Ran and Mayank