[macs-faculty] MACS meeting this friday

Mayank Varia varia at bu.edu
Thu Sep 8 13:44:32 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

Just to pile on: when thinking about how the pieces of the project fit
together, take some time to think about how your efforts can integrate
better with the MOC (whether this means contributing toward or learning
from it). In particular: the MOC has a very unique architecture in that it
is a federated cloud, with multiple distrusting entities that have
different computational/storage capacities all connected in the same
high-bandwidth, low-latency datacenter. If you have problems that are
particularly well-suited to this scenario, let's discuss tomorrow.

On a completely separate note: you may also want to check up today on your
local budget, so that we can discuss any issues tomorrow. I believe the
2016-2017 installments of the grant money should come to the various
universities pretty soon since our annual report was just accepted last
week.

Mayank