[macs-faculty] Fwd: MACS site visit report

Ran Canetti canetti at bu.edu
Wed Nov 9 11:48:23 EST 2016

The one thing that I would consider "contesting", or at least recording
our objection to is the line on page 13:

"Similarly, PI Bestavros and Kaashoek’s outreach efforts on MPC and
Mylar, respectively, don’t appear to have arisen directly out of the
proposed project."

this might come back at us later when we try to chalk off future
successes of these projects to the MACS.  At least for the MPC piece we
can argue for a close connection.

BTW the more pertinent information is in pages 14-18 under "future
directions". I personally dont see a reason to object to any of their
recommendations/statements but  it's an interesting read nonetheless.

But overall, it's such a relief to have such a positive/sensible report,
especially given all the madness around. Great job Mayank, and everyone!

Ran