[Kittyhawk] rdma

Jan Stoess jan.stoess at kit.edu
Wed Sep 7 05:44:15 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, August 24, 2011 8:08:13 PM, ron minnich wrote:
> did you all ever come up with a model for rdma? The issues are
> allocation of limited resources such as injection counters. Was your
> plan to have a sender request a counter, do the send, delete the
> counter? Or some other model? I'm just wondering before I start
> anything.
>
> ron

There is some code to allocate and release injection counters via
ioctl(), in drivers/bluegene/torus.c. Afaik that code was used mostly
for coordination (eg. an RDMA lib tries to get an unused counter once
at startup), however, and there was not much of a model for dynamic
resource management.

--
Dr. Jan Stoess, KIT System Architecture Group
Phone: +49 (721) 6084 4056