[Kittyhawk] networks on kh

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 13:10:48 EDT 2011

Sorry guys, I am restarting after a few bad weeks off and i'm going slow.

I've started khfoxdev and am running a khboot app:

 khbootapp -i 5 http://kittyhawk.bu.edu/Appliances/worker.cpio

the .ssh on the worker nodes is odd:
ssh 10.2.2.12
ssh: connect to host 10.2.2.12 port 22: No route to host
kh-R00-M1-N02-J04:~# ssh 10.1.2.12
root at 10.1.2.12's password:
10:~# ls -l .ssh
total 16
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  396 Jul 22 16:50 authorized_keys
-rw-r----- 1 root root  123 Jul 22 16:50 config
-r-------- 1 root root 1675 Jul 22 16:50 khdemo.id_rsa
-rwxr-x--x 1 root root  396 Jul 22 16:50 khdemo.pub
10:~#

note I had a password prompt, which of course I don't want. Did
something change? Or is there some startup thing I'm missing. I also
notice that the handy file with the hosts in it is missing.

khbootapp is very general, can boot anything. I'm thinking to make a
khcluster which is designed to do linux cluster ops and is a bit more
specialized. Would build character. I'll go off and do that unless one
of you tells me I'm insane. But I'd
like a bit more initialization than I'm getting now :-)

thanks!

ron