[Dmbu-l] starting a student seminar

Natali Ruchansky natalir at bu.edu
Fri Jun 19 12:29:16 EDT 2015

You make good points, but I think as a start it should be very simple and
open.  My idea is to kill two birds with one stone by :
1) Forcing people to interact and share something.
 I am very happy to have this be research oriented, or someone can tell us
about an interesting movie they saw or the day they spent at the DMV.

2) Practicing presentation style.
Whatever the topic, practicing clear and concise communication to a broad
audience is challenging and fun.

But really I want this to be totally relaxed and simple to start. Just
come, listen to 15 minutes max, then stay and chat or leave if you're busy.
Chris approved this (and lunch) so if I get some more positive response I
will send out a larger announcement.

Natali :)