[Dmbu-l] Talk by Esther Galbrun on Friday, 11/14 at 11:00 (!) am in MCS 148

Dora Erdos edori at bu.edu
Mon Nov 10 15:54:46 EST 2014

Hi All,

this week we are going to have a joint theory - data mining seminar with
Esther Galbrun talking about her work on redescription mining. The talk
will be Friday, 11/14 and starts at 11:00 am (!) in MCS 148.

Best,
Dora

Redescription Mining: An Introduction

The focus of this talk will be on redescription mining, the task of
finding multiple characterizations of the same entities. I will present
instances of this problem for value-attributed data as well as relational
data and give a short demonstration of the Siren interactive interface for
mining and visualizing such patterns, considering geospatial data, in
particular. This work was done in collaboration with Drs P. Miettinen
(MPII), A. Kimmig and M. van Leeuwen (KU Leuven) and was the core matter
of my doctoral dissertation.