[Dmbu-l] Meeting tomorrow

Behzad Golshan behzad at bu.edu
Tue Nov 8 20:25:28 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

Here is a short abstract.

*Abstract:*
A great portion of datasets that we normally deal with, can be viewed as
0--1 tables. Datasets such as "membership of individuals in a set of
groups", "items shopped by customers", and in general any bipartite graph
can be considered as a 0--1 table. To preserve privacy of users,
data-owners usually report aggregated results on their data, such as row
and column sums (also called marginals) of these tables. Given the
marginals of a 0--1 table, we propose a method to find out the probability
of having a 1 in each cell of the table. To do so, we also discuss
different properties of 0-1 tables with fixed marginals which enables us to
effectively calculate the expected table.

Cheers,
-Behzad

--Don't be fooled by the calendar.  There are only as many days in the year
as you make use of.  ~Charles Richards