[cs-talks] Tomorrow at Hariri - Meet Our Fellows: Daniel Sussman & Kate Mays

Barnes, Kaitlin S ksbarnes at bu.edu
Tue Oct 31 09:29:47 EDT 2017

Please join the Hariri Institute for Computing tomorrow, Wednesday, November 1, 2017 for a Wednesday at Hariri/Meet Our Fellows event. The presentation will feature Junior Faculty Fellow Daniel Sussman, an assistant professor in the Mathematics and Statistics Department. Sussman will explore statistical and computational methods to study multiple networks, including a tool to borrow strength across networks via joint embeddings and a tool to confront the challenges of entity resolution across networks via graph matching.

Additionally, the event will feature a brief research preview, given by Kate Mays, a Graduate Student Fellow and PhD candidate in Emerging Media Studies (COM). Kate’s research focuses the effects of technological affordances on social relationships, with a specific focus on mobile dating applications.

Event URL: http://www.bu.edu/hic/2017/10/16/daniel-sussman-institute-junior-faculty-fellow-to-give-111-wedharirimeet-our-fellows-talk/
Date/Time: Wednesday November 1, 2017, 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm, refreshments & networking at 2:45 pm
Location: Hariri Institute for Computing, 111 Cummington Mall, Room 180; Boston, MA