[cs-talks] FW: Wed at Hariri/Meet Our Fellows: Sahar Sharifzadeh & Jonathan Hersh 2/8

cs, Group cs at bu.edu
Mon Feb 6 08:52:38 EST 2017

Please join us on Wednesday, February 8th for our Wed at Hariri/Meet Our Fellows talk, which will be given by Sahar Sharifzadeh, Hariri Institute Fellow and Assistant Professor, Electrical & Computer Engineering and Materials Science & Engineering. In her presentation, Professor Sharifzadeh will provide an overview of computational methods and their use on scientific computing resources. In particular, she will focus on two examples of promising classes of materials, organic solids and two-dimensional systems.

Additionally, the event will feature a brief research preview, given by Jonathan Hersh, Graduate Student Fellow and PhD candidate in the Economics Department. Hersh’s research focuses on machine learning and data science methods which open questions in economics.

Event URL: http://www.bu.edu/hic/2017/01/24/sahar-sharifzadehinstitute-junior-faculty-fellow-to-give-feb-8-2017-meet-our-fellows-talk/

Date/Time: Wednesday, February 8th, 2017, 3:00 – 4:30 pm, refreshments & networking at 2:45 pm
Location: Hariri Institute for Computing, 111 Cummington Mall, Room 180; Boston, MA