[cs-talks] Tomorrow at Hariri: Meet Our Fellows - Adam Guren & Jared Koller (Wed 9/28)

Barnes, Kaitlin S ksbarnes at bu.edu
Tue Sep 27 15:19:29 EDT 2016

Wed at Hariri/Meet Our Fellows: Adam Guren & Jared Koller
TOMORROW, Wednesday, Sept 28
3:00 – 4:30 pm; refreshments & networking at 2:45 pm
Hariri Institute for Computing, 111 Cummington Mall

Please join us tomorrow, Wednesday, September 28, for our Wed at Hariri/Meet Our Fellows talk, which will be given by Adam Guren, Hariri Institute Fellow and Assistant Professor in the Department of Economics. In his presentation, Professor Guren will present an equilibrium model to analyze how mortgages be redesigned or modified in a crisis to reduce housing market volatility, consumption volatility, and default. He will also examine how mortgage design affects the transmission of monetary policy, and how the benefits and costs of a given mortgage design depend on monetary policy.

Additionally, the event will feature a brief research preview, given by Jared Koller, Graduate Student Fellow and PhD candidate in the Department of Archaeology. Jared’s research focuses on integrating new media applications within an archaeological framework in order to address questions about socio-cultural exchange and sound studies in the Philippines during Spanish contact.

Event URL: http://www.bu.edu/hic/2016/09/19/adam-guren-junior-faculty-fellow-to-give-sept-28-2016-meet-our-fellows-talk/
Date/Time: Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 3:00 – 4:30 pm, refreshments & networking at 2:45 pm
Location: Hariri Institute for Computing, 111 Cummington Mall, Room 180; Boston, MA
Contact: hicadmin at bu.edu<mailto:hicadmin at bu.edu>