[cs-talks] Wed at Hariri/Meet Our Fellows: Dan Li & Yicheng Song, TOMORROW 10/26

Barnes, Kaitlin S ksbarnes at bu.edu
Tue Oct 25 16:43:01 EDT 2016

Wed at Hariri/Meet Our Fellows: Dan Li & Yicheng Song
TOMORROW, Wednesday, Oct 26
3:00 – 4:30 pm; refreshments & networking at 2:45 pm
Hariri Institute for Computing, 111 Cummington Mall

Please join us tomorrow, Wednesday, October 26, for our Wed at Hariri/Meet Our Fellows talk, which will be given by Dan Li, Hariri Institute Fellow and Assistant Professor in the Department of Earth and Environment. In his presentation, Professor Li will connect global climate change science with local policies and actions. In particular, he will focus on urban environments, not only because urbanization has been shown to significantly modify the local climate, but also because the majority of human population lives in cities now thereby making cities the basic unit for taking climate change actions.

Additionally, the event will feature a brief research preview, given by Yicheng Song, Graduate Student Fellow and PhD candidate in the Information Systems Department. Song’s research focuses on improving the recommendation mechanism to enhance the diversity, relevance and the analysis of user’s recommendations over an entire session.

Event URL: http://www.bu.edu/hic/2016/09/28/dan-li-institute-junior-faculty-fellow-to-give-oct-26-2016-meet-our-fellows-talk/
Date/Time: Wednesday, October 26, 2016, 3:00 – 4:30 pm, refreshments & networking at 2:45 pm
Location: Hariri Institute for Computing, 111 Cummington Mall, Room 180; Boston, MA