[cs-talks] Lorenzo Orecchia- Hariri Meet Our Fellows Talk 1/27

Greenwald, Faith fgreen1 at bu.edu
Fri Jan 22 15:04:08 EST 2016

FYI

Please join us on Wednesday, Jan 27, for our Wed at Hariri/Meet Our Fellows talk, which will be given by Lorenzo Orecchia, Hariri Institute Fellow and Assistant Professor in the Computer Science Department. In his talk, Professor Orecchia will describe how techniques from continuous optimization are becoming an essential tool in the design and analysis of algorithms for discrete optimization problems, highlighting his work on nearly-linear-time algorithms for fundamental graph problems, such as maximum flow and graph partitioning. The presentation will briefly discuss where new ideas from convex optimization are taking the field of algorithms and how these developments should impact our work in the lab and classroom.

Event URL: http://www.bu.edu/hic/2016/01/15/lorenzo-orecchia-institute-junior-fellow-gives-jan-27-2016-meet-our-fellows-talk/
Date/Time: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 3:00 – 4:00 pm, reception to follow
Location: Hariri Institute for Computing, 111 Cummington Mall; Boston, MA