[cs-talks] W. Feng's Oral Exam, Dec. 8

Greenwald, Faith fgreen1 at bu.edu
Mon Dec 7 15:29:33 EST 2015

Wenxin Feng's Oral Exam
Assistive Interfaces of Touchscreen Devices for People with Visual Impairments
Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 3pm in MCS 148

Abstract:
Touchscreen computing devices are widely used for personal needs and public services. However, people with visual impairments are experiencing accessibility issues due to their limited access to visual feedback and the lack of audio and haptic feedback of touch screen devices. In my oral exam, I will discuss these accessibility issues and introduce current solutions that help people with visual impairments, especially blind people, use touch screen devices. Gesture-based interface and tactile add-ons will be mainly discussed. I will also summarize the design guidelines that would improve the accessibility of touchscreen devices for visually impaired people.

Thanks,
Wenxin