[Cs-contests] Fwd: Announcement for 2015 Cyberseed

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Sun Sep 27 15:53:12 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

Comcast is holding a CTF (cybersecurity capture the flag competition) next
month and is very keen to have BU students participate.  This is a great
way to boost your resume and meet folks from industry, especially if you
are interested in a career in cybersecurity (or even if you are not).
Last year one of our BU teams won $10K in one of the contests!

SG

Prize money:

IoT: $30K total
If we have less than 10 competitors - $15K 1st, $10K 2nd, $5K 3rd
If we have more than 10 competitors - $10K 1st, $7.5K 2nd, $5K 3rd, $3K
4th, $1K 5th

Social: $31K total
$10K 1st, $7.5K 2nd, $5K 3rd, $3K 4th, $1K 5th
Mid-competition prizes: $1K

CTF: $20K total
$8K 1st, $6K 2nd, $4K 3rd, $2K 4th, $1K 5th

The prizes will include combination of cash and physical prizes.  We were
thinking possibly giving Apple Watches to all 1st place winners, and other
lower priced items (Apple TV, tablet, Chromecast, etc.) for other winners.