[Cs-contests] FW: Event Scholarship: Women Interested in Game Development

cs, Group cs at bu.edu
Mon Dec 21 11:00:36 EST 2015

Hello!

I hope this message finds you well. I'm writing to let you know about an event scholarship for aspiring women game developers. If you think it would be relevant to your undergraduate and graduate student body, I was hoping that you would consider spreading the word. More information is below.

The International Game Developers Association Foundation's Women in Games Ambassadors program (IGDAF WIG Ambassadors<http://bit.ly/1Ye5vqa>) is currently accepting applications for their specialized event scholarship program.

The IGDAF WIG Ambassadors program provides twenty women students with all access event passes to the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco in March 2016 (a value of $1600-$2000), partial travel stipends, a week of insider industry events, and lifetime access to a tight-knit community of high-achieving peers. In addition, the IGDAF WIG Ambassadors program creates opportunities for each recipient to engage with top industry professionals through Q&As and group mentorship.

In its second year, this program is open to women students (and those less than a year out of school) who are passionate about any area of game development (programming, game design, writing, media analysis, art, etc).

The application info is at the link below and the deadline to apply is January 4th. This opportunity has been made possible by the generosity of Intel's diversity initiative, GDC, UBM, and our hardworking volunteers here at the IGDA Foundation.

http://bit.ly/1Ye5vqa

If you have the time and inclination, I'd really appreciate it if you'd spread the word about our program to your respective networks.

Thank you so much!

Warm regards,

Cat Wendt
Program Manager
IGDAF Women in Games Ambassadors Program
cat at igda.org<mailto:cat at igda.org>
(415) 779-5892<tel:%28415%29%20779-5892>
foundation.igda.org<http://foundation.igda.org/>