[Cs-contests] FW: Join the 2nd Annual Hacking Arts Event on October 3-5 in MIT's Media Lab!

Sclaroff, Stan sclaroff at bu.edu
Mon Sep 22 10:44:31 EDT 2014

From: Susan Cohen <cohen at media.mit.edu<mailto:cohen at media.mit.edu>>
Date: Monday, September 22, 2014 at 10:03 AM
To: "stansclaroff at alum.mit.edu<mailto:stansclaroff at alum.mit.edu>" <stansclaroff at alum.mit.edu<mailto:stansclaroff at alum.mit.edu>>
Subject: Join the 2nd Annual Hacking Arts Event on October 3-5 in MIT's Media Lab!

[Arts at MIT]

[Hacking Arts]

Join the 2nd Annual Hacking Arts Event on October 3-5 in MIT's Media Lab!

Hacking Arts is a 3-day festival and hackathon at MIT’s Media Lab exploring the intersection of arts & entertainment, technology, and entrepreneurship. Hacking Arts is designed to inspire new advances in the creative industries by fostering collaboration between entrepreneurs, musicians, artists, and engineers. The event features eight panels on Design, Gaming, Virtual Reality, TV/Film, Fashion, Music, Performing Arts, and Visual Arts. In addition, attendees will have the opportunity to attend panels and performances by creative industry leaders and innovators, including:

  *   Grammy-nominated artist Ryan Leslie in a kick-off performance
  *   Kiran Gandhi, M.I.A.'s lead drummer, leading a Hackathon ideation session
  *   Arthur van Hoff, CTO and co-founder of Jaunt (and formerly of Flipboard)
  *   JiaJia Fei, digital manager at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
  *   Elliot Lum, VP of Strategic Marketing at Columbia Records
  *   Aman Advani, co-Founder of Ministry of Supply
  *   Marco Tempest, cyber illusionist
  *   Laird Malamed, COO of Oculus Rift

Come see virtual reality demos and performances, hear insights from our panelists, and hack on amazing APIs. We hope to see you at this inspiring, fast-paced, and fun event!

See www.HackingArts.com<http://alumic.mit.edu/redirect.aspx?linkID=83180&eid=57282> for the full schedule and to register.

[MIT Hacking Arts]