[Cs-contests] Fwd: 2013 MIT Lincoln Laboratory Cyber Capture the Flag Competiton

Sharon Goldberg goldbe at cs.bu.edu
Tue Sep 3 21:39:09 EDT 2013

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Leek, Timothy - 0559 - MITLL <tleek at ll.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Subject: 2013 MIT Lincoln Laboratory Cyber Capture the Flag Competiton

Apologies for this re-broadcast.  We had to shift the CTF dates due to a
variety of conflicts.

----------------------------

This is just a quick note to request that you set aside, reserve, and
otherwise x-off the weekend of October 25th, 2013 (in its entirety), for
participation in the 3rd annual MIT Lincoln Laboratory Cyber Capture the
Flag competition.

OCT 25-27 2013 MIT LL CTF SAVE THE DATE OCT 25-27 2013 MIT LL CTF SAVE THE
DATE OCT 25-27 2013 MIT LL CTF SAVE THE DATE OCT 25-27 2013 MIT LL CTF SAVE
THE DATE OCT 25-27 2013 MIT LL CTF SAVE THE DATE OCT 25-27 2013 MIT LL CTF
SAVE THE DATE

LEARN computer security offense and defense in hands-on exercises designed
by computer security experts from MIT, Lincoln Laboratory, and Northeastern
University.

HACK android applications and back-end services to fix bugs (and keep your
apps running) or exploit them (and destroy your competition).

WIN cash prizes, an MIT/LL CTF flag, and bragging rights!

Scrimmage:   10am to 6pm. Oct 12 @ MIT

Competition: 8pm Oct 25 to 8pm Oct 27 @ MIT

More details to follow soon including instructions for registration and a
detailed calendar. Please address questions to mitllctf-org at mit.edu.

Sincerely,

2013 MIT LL CTF Organizers

p.s.  For planning purposes, it would be helpful to us to get a "Wow that
sounds great I and my three friends are totally going to be there" email.
That way, we can gauge interest.

p.p.s. By popular demand, we are now listed on ctftime.org.