[Cs-contests] Fwd: FW: The Global Security Challenge returns...

Leonid Reyzin reyzin at bu.edu
Tue May 28 23:13:36 EDT 2013

From: Graham Buchanan <gbuchanan at innocentive.com>
 Date: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:26 AM
To: "Sclaroff, Stan" <sclaroff at bu.edu>
Subject: The Global Security Challenge returns...

  Dear Prof. Sclaroff,****

I would like to inform you about a unique opportunity to showcase *cyber
security* innovations that might be of interest to you or those in your
department.****

The Global Security Challenge (GSC) is an annual global competition seeking
to uncover the most promising security technology start-ups and SMEs from
around the world. InnoCentive EMEA has run the GSC for seven years, and
this time we’re focusing on *cyber security*. The Challenge is free to
enter and all entrants receive feedback from our independent panel of
judges, including investors, high-level industry representation, government
officials and academics.****

Winners receive high-quality mentorship and benefit immensely from media
exposure and connections made by being a GSC winner. In addition finalists
get access to key investors and industry leaders in the cyber security
domain. Previous winners include Kromek <http://www.kromek.com/index.asp>,
a British SME who went on to raise over £12M in funding after winning the
GSC. We’re equally proud of our finalists, including
TenCube<https://www.wavesecure.com/about.aspx>,
recently acquired by McAfee in a multimillion dollar deal. ****

The competition is now *open* for submissions until July 18th and the Grand
Final will be held on September 12th at Royal Holloway, University of
London (Egham, UK). You can find more information about the GSC on our
website: www.globalsecuritychallenge.com. ****

I’m happy to answer any questions you or your contacts might have, and
would be most grateful if you would pass the news on, even if you do not
think the competition is right for you.****

Kind regards,****

Graham Buchanan****

*Project Assistant, Custom Challenges*