[Cs-contests] FW: Boston Cleanweb Hackathon + Data Jam Update (w/the White House and City of Boston!)

Sclaroff, Stan sclaroff at bu.edu
Mon Mar 18 15:12:59 EDT 2013

From: Gabriella Jockers <gjockers at MassCEC.com<mailto:gjockers at MassCEC.com>>
Date: Monday, March 18, 2013 3:08 PM
To: "Sclaroff, Stan" <sclaroff at bu.edu<mailto:sclaroff at bu.edu>>
Subject: Boston Cleanweb Hackathon + Data Jam Update (w/the White House and City of Boston!)

Hello Professor Sclaroff,

I hope you have been doing well! I’m following up with you about the 2nd Annual Boston Cleanweb Hackathon + Challenge Competition.

Some exciting advances have happened since we last had touch, including a partnership with the White House Office of Science and Technology and the City of Boston’s Greenovate Initiative, with whom we will be co-hosting an Energy Data Jam. This Energy Data Jam is part of the 90 day follow-on Challenge Competition to the Hackathon, where participants will have the opportunity to continue working on the applications they put together in the first weekend and hopefully create a real company to be presented at the Clean Tech Open Summer Academy Launch!

Our registration is also live at this point! You can register at cleanwebbos.eventbrite.com<http://cleanwebbos.eventbrite.com/>.

Accordingly with these changes, the blurb we use for newsletters and emails has updated. Here is the most recent blurb you can use:

2nd Boston Cleanweb Hackathon + “Data Jam” Challenge Competition!
Registration Now Open atcleanwebbos.eventbrite.com<http://cleanwebbos.eventbrite.com/>
April 5 - 7 2013: Boston at Greentown Labs
The 2nd Boston Cleanweb Hackathon + Data Jam Challenge is a prize competition to demonstrate the impact of applying information technologies to energy challenges. Don't know what Cleanweb is? That's ok, check out this post about usin Boston Inno<http://bostinno.com/2013/03/08/cleanweb-an-opportunity-to-get-energy-entrepreneurs-thinking-bigger/#ss__306815_242885_0__ss>! More than 100 participants join in one of two tracks: 1) a traditional, 30-hour hack competition with over $10,000 in prizes! 2) A "Data Jam" challenge competition developed with support from the White House OSTP (check out their post too!<http://energy.gov/data/articles/energy-data-jam-goes-tour>) and the City of Boston. It's a 90-day sprint to build applications for transportation or building energy efficiency. Separate prizes and recognition at the June 26 Clean Tech Open Summer Academy Launch!
Questions? Want to peek at our sponsors or NEW datasets from Enernoc and City of Boston? Check outour website<http://boston.cleanwebhack.com/>!
See you there!

For more information and exciting updates, follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/cleanwebbos<http://facebook.com/cleanwebbos> and Twitter at @cleanwebbos.

Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or would like your school to be one of our stops on an upcoming roadshow!

Best,

Gabby
- 2013 Boston Cleanweb Challenge Steering Committee
w:boston.cleanweb.com<http://boston.cleanweb.com/>
e: boston at cleanweb.co<mailto:boston at cleanweb.co>
t: @cleanwebbos
f:facebook.com/cleanwebbos<http://facebook.com/cleanwebbos>

Gabriella Jockers
Business Development Co-op
Massachusetts Clean Energy Center
55 Summer Street, 9th Floor
Boston, MA 02110

Office: 617-315-9327
Email: gjockers at MassCEC.com<mailto:gjockers at MassCEC.com>
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/gjockers
Twitter: @gabbyjockers