[Cs-contests] FW: DARPA Spectrum Challenge

Sclaroff, Stan sclaroff at bu.edu
Sun Jan 13 15:39:56 EST 2013

From: <Eisenberg>, Yiftach <Yiftach.Eisenberg at darpa.mil<mailto:Yiftach.Eisenberg at darpa.mil>>
Date: Saturday, January 12, 2013 6:47 PM
To: Stanley Sclaroff <sclaroff at bu.edu<mailto:sclaroff at bu.edu>>
Subject: DARPA Spectrum Challenge

Dear Chairman Sclaroff,

DARPA seeks academic participation in its latest Spectrum Challenge--a competition for teams to create software-defined radio protocols that best use communication channels in the presence of other dynamic users and interfering signals.  In addition to bragging rights for the winning teams, one team could win as much as $150,000.  More details, including instructions on how to register, can be found at http://www.darpa.mil/spectrumchallenge.  Please note that registration closes January 31, 2013.

As one of the leading Computer Science departments in the U.S., I wanted to ask if you could forward this email to the appropriate faculty and students in your department that may be interested in the Spectrum Challenge.  This competition offers students and their advisors a unique opportunity to develop and test new theories for enabling assured communications in dynamic RF environments through participation in a high profile national competition.  I hope Boston University is up to the Challenge!

Sincerely,

-- Yifty

Dr. Yiftach Eisenberg
Program Manager