[Cs-contests] FW: Great Opportunity for Students and Professors Alike: Boston Cleanweb Hackathon

Sclaroff, Stan sclaroff at bu.edu
Tue Feb 26 16:56:04 EST 2013

From: Gabriella Jockers <gjockers at MassCEC.com<mailto:gjockers at MassCEC.com>>
Date: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:19 PM
To: "Sclaroff, Stan" <sclaroff at bu.edu<mailto:sclaroff at bu.edu>>
Subject: Great Opportunity for Students and Professors Alike: Boston Cleanweb Hackathon

Hello Professor Sclaroff,

I would like to reach out to you about the 2nd Annual Boston Cleanweb Hackathon, a fast-paced, exciting coding and new business development challenge combining high tech and clean tech in a fun weekend event aimed at solving the world’s most pressing energy and water issues. Hackathon participants have the opportunity to win $10k+ in prize money and continue to work on their apps in a 90+ day Challenge Competition to really refine their product, win more prizes, and possibly launch a company!

We would love if you can share information about the Hackathon with your networks and students, they can get a lot out of this event! I have a couple documents that give a good overview of the event and why students in particular can benefit from taking part in this year’s Boston Cleanweb Hackathon, please let me know if you would like for me to forward them along to you.

If your department has a newsletter or regular mailing to students, I can provide you with a very short blurb that can be easily added. Also, we are trying to put together a roadshow to visit Boston area universities to share the news. If you think a visit to the Computer Science Department, maybe a class, should be in there, please let me know!

We appreciate your time and any help you can offer! Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or would like to know how you can help out

Thanks,

Gabby

The biggest cleanweb event in Boston is coming back this year on April 5-7! Learn how you can crack the code and solve some of the world’s most pressing energy and water issues using a creative and innovative combination of clean tech and high tech at boston.cleanwebhack.com<http://boston.cleanwebhack.com/>.

Not sure exactly what cleanweb is? That’s ok, it’s a pretty new field. Be one of the first to get in on the action and learn more at a lively panel discussion on March 7 at Greentown Labs: Is Cleanweb the Future of Cleantech? Register at http://cleanwebpanel-es2005.eventbrite.com/

Gabriella Jockers
Business Development Co-op
Massachusetts Clean Energy Center
55 Summer Street, 9th Floor
Boston, MA 02110

Office: 617-315-9327
Mobile: 954-801-6195
Email: gjockers at MassCEC.com<mailto:gjockers at MassCEC.com>
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/gjockers