[Cs-contests] FW: Challenges for Computer Science Students

Sullivan, Theresa I tsull at bu.edu
Tue Feb 5 15:30:24 EST 2013

From: Aaron Weiss <aaron at mindsumo.com<mailto:aaron at mindsumo.com>>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 12:28:06 -0800
To: "Sullivan, Theresa I" <tsull at bu.edu<mailto:tsull at bu.edu>>
Subject: Challenges for Computer Science Students

Hi Theresa,

I'm not sure if you had a chance to look at the note that I sent to Dr. Sclaroff about MindSumo<http://ht.ly/fewut> and our technical challenges,<http://ht.ly/fewut> but I wanted to reach out and see if you might be willing to share this opportunity with the CS students at BU.

Right now on my site, MindSumo<http://ht.ly/fewut>, we have two great opportunities to win cash prizes and get hired for cool internships for computer science students specifically.

Box’s challenge<https://www.mindsumo.com/contests/71> asks students to write an algorithm to improve the speed and accuracy for a search function and has $1000 in prizes.

Kayak’s challenge<https://www.mindsumo.com/contests/72> offers about $600 in prizes and requires students to submit code or pseudocode that will work in conjunction with a weather API to determine the warmest locations for travelers planning their vacations.

Could you possibly forward this information to a mailing list of your Students? I wanted to reach out to you because I know BU has one of the very best Computer Science programs nationwide.

Thanks so much for your time, Theresa, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best,

Aaron Weiss

--
Aaron Weiss