[Cs-contests] FW: Only 5 Days Left Before the Boston Cleanweb Hackathon + Data Jam!

Sclaroff, Stan sclaroff at bu.edu
Mon Apr 1 10:59:16 EDT 2013

From: Gabriella Jockers <gjockers at MassCEC.com<mailto:gjockers at MassCEC.com>>
Date: Monday, April 1, 2013 10:57 AM
To: "Sclaroff, Stan" <sclaroff at bu.edu<mailto:sclaroff at bu.edu>>
Subject: Only 5 Days Left Before the Boston Cleanweb Hackathon + Data Jam!

Hi Professor Sclaroff,

This is it. The final countdown to the 2nd Boston Cleanweb Hackathon + Data Jam Challenge Competition<http://boston.cleanwebhack.com/> is well under way! The kick-off event is this Friday, April 5, where over 100 participants, thought leaders, CEOs, engineers, developers, business professions, students, and more will gather to begin brainstorming on how they can apply IT to solve critical resource constraints.  Judges<http://boston.cleanwebhack.com/wp/?page_id=553> have been announced and a $25k prize pool is confirmed!

There are two tracks you can sign up for so to clarify the differences between the single-weekend Hackathon vs. 90-day Data Jam, we have added a new Q&A section to our website<http://boston.cleanwebhack.com/> so all registrants know exactly what they’re signing up for. Register here<http://cleanwebbos.eventbrite.com/>!

In exciting news, last week we received confirmation that Nick Sinai<http://boston.cleanwebhack.com/wp/?page_id=26>, Deputy CTO for the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy will be joining us to facilitate Saturday morning’s Data Jam Open Session. Competing teams will join thought leaders in cleantech and Boston's entrepreneurial ecosystem to discuss Transportation and Building Efficiency Challenges.

First ever data sets will be available from the City of Boston<http://boston.cleanwebhack.com/wp/?p=531> and EnerNOC<http://boston.cleanwebhack.com/wp/?p=610>, including the largest single repository of real-time energy data, to create innovative new apps with during the Hackathon and Data Jam. You can check out all the data we have here<http://boston.cleanwebhack.com/wp/?page_id=553>, and keep in mind we’re adding new data every day!

And finally, an extra perk for Hackathon participants is free entry into the 7th Annual Babson Energy Conference<http://www.babsonenergy.com/> on Friday, April 5 before the Hackathon launch event, where they will be exploring the theme of collaboration in the energy sectors. If you are interesting in attending this conference for free, please send me your Hackathon confirmation page and I can send you the promo code.

We look forward to seeing you this weekend! Please forward this email to your organization’s network so we can reach the best and brightest in the Boston community!

Best,

Gabby
- 2013 Boston Cleanweb Challenge Steering Committee
w:boston.cleanweb.com<http://boston.cleanweb.com/>
e: boston at cleanweb.co<mailto:boston at cleanweb.co>
t: @cleanwebbos
f:facebook.com/cleanwebbos<http://facebook.com/cleanwebbos>

Gabriella Jockers
Business Development Co-op
Massachusetts Clean Energy Center
55 Summer Street, 9th Floor
Boston, MA 02110

Office: 617-315-9327
Mobile: 954-801-6195
Email: gjockers at MassCEC.com<mailto:gjockers at MassCEC.com>
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/gjockers