[Cs-contests] Fwd: Opa Developer Challenge. A great opportunity for learning for CS students.

Leonid Reyzin reyzin at cs.bu.edu
Tue Jul 19 11:20:14 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pada Lee <pada.lee at mlstate.com>
Date: Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 4:57 AM
Subject: Opa Developer Challenge. A great opportunity for learning for CS
students.
To: reyzin at cs.bu.edu

Hello Professor Reyzin,

I hope this email finds you well. I have news that you might be interested
in as a professor in Computer Science.

MLstate is now hosting the “Opa Developers Challenge”, a programming contest
in the new programming language, Opa. Prizes include MacBook Air, iPad 2,
and more.

So what is Opa? Opa is an easy way to get started on web application
development for developers, especially students, who want to see results
quickly. By integrating the database with the server and client side coding
together into a single platform, Opa is easily one of the most concise
languages available and one of the most secure. It provides an opportunity
for students to learn a new skill and a better understanding of web
development.

The judges for the contest include representatives from Twitter, Foursquare
and more. So please tell your students and colleagues of this opportunity.
They will be able to learn a new programming language, have fun, and win
prizes.

For more information on Opa, please visit the newly re-designed
website here<http://opalang.org?PLe>
.
For contest information, please visit the challenge
website<http://opalang.org/challenge/home.xmlt?PLe>
.

Sincerely,
Pada Lee