[Cs-contests] FW: Global Security Challenge

Sclaroff, Stan sclaroff at bu.edu
Thu Feb 17 16:21:26 EST 2011

From: Siobhán Gabriella Gibney <siobhan at omnicompete.com<mailto:siobhan at omnicompete.com>>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 12:30:48 -0500
To: "Sclaroff, Stan" <sclaroff at bu.edu<mailto:sclaroff at bu.edu>>
Subject: Global Security Challenge

Dear Professor Sclaroff,

I am writing to tell you about the Global Security Challenge, a unique funding opportunity for anyone working on innovative products that could be used for security purposes.  I would greatly appreciate if you could distribute the announcement throughout your department and to all other relevant colleagues. Faculty, postgrads and PhDs are all eligible to apply, so please feel free to share with everyone.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any further questions.

Thanks in advance.

***
$500,000 in prizes offered for the best security innovations in sixth annual Global Security Challenge

The Global Security Challenge (GSC), the world’s leading security innovation competition is now open for entrants. This competition invites start-ups and SMEs from around the world to enter their security innovations, competing for prize funds totalling $500k.

Innovators are offered unprecedented exposure, feedback from expert judges, the chance to present live to industry, government and investors at regional finals and the global Summit in London, with the best winning prize packs including mentorship from world-leading management consultancies.

The 2011 GSC is seeking hardware or software solutions that address public security needs, with a special interest in personal protective equipment, cyber security, intrusion detection, biometrics, emergency response situational awareness, aviation and public transport security, facility andpersonnel decontamination, among other categories. For full details, please see http://www.omnicompete.com/security.html.

The success of previous GSC finalists and winners, who have subsequently raised more than $80M in fresh capital, attests to the GSC’s ability to identify vital security solutions and proves that companies don’t have to win to benefit from participation. 2009 SME winner Kromek’s liquid scanner machines were recently approved for use in airports throughout the EU, leading to the widespread belief that this will herald the end of liquid restrictions on flights. 2009 start-up winner Adaptive Imaging from Israel is contending under the UK INSTINCT TD2 Aviation Security showcase. 2007 regional finalist TenCube was acquired by McAfee last year in a multimillion dollar deal.

Kim Mettam, Owner and BusinessDirector of 2010 winner iwebgate said “We're honoured and overwhelmed to win the GSC. Even the entry procedures have had major impact on our company.”
Kelvin Cheung, co-founder of 2010regional finalist Coworkshop Solutions Ltd added “GSC is a good opportunity and platform for start-up IT companies to draw market awareness and seek funding.  If you have a good product, I strongly recommend you participate in this event."
On the eve of the 2011 launch, GSC Director Richard Wilson said: “Every year, I am astounded by the high standard of entries from around the world. Regional and global finalists never fail to impress our expert judges with their innovations, so it’s always exciting to see what the next year brings. GSC plays an invaluable role by connecting innovators with investors and end-users. From counterfeit medicine identification systems to liquid scanner machines, the innovations promoted by GSC save lives and protect lifestyles. This year, we aim to push the boundaries even further.”

We’re looking for:

Entrants – please see our website for more details and direct any questions to info at globalsecuritychallenge.com<mailto:info at globalsecuritychallenge.com>

Expert judges – please contact judge at globalsecuritychallenge.com<mailto:judge at globalsecuritychallenge.com>

Sponsors & Partners – please contact sponsor at globalsecuritychallenge.com<mailto:sponsor at globalsecuritychallenge.com>

Website: http://www.omnicompete.com/security.html

We look forward to your entries, ideas and collaboration.

The GSC team

***

Siobhán Gabriella Gibney
Marketing Manager & HR Advisor
OmniCompete<http://www.omnicompete.com/>
siobhan at omnicompete.com<mailto:siobhan at omnicompete.com>
Phone: +44 (0) 207 224 0110 / Mobile: +44 (0) 787 507 3581

Get the latest OmniCompete updates on Twitter<http://twitter.com/#!/OmniCompete>,  Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/OmniCompete/149619155082667> and LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3663268>
Follow our Global Security Challenge on Twitter<http://twitter.com/#!/Security_London>,  Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/London/Global-Security-Challenge/110495795672706> and LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=1769890>
Keep up to date with Energy Storage Challenge on Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/EnergyStorageC> and LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3404070&goback=%2Eanp_3404070_1288795096016_1>

OmniCompete is proud to support The Prize Summit<http://www.theprizesummit.com/>, which you can follow on Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/theprizesummit> and LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3690652&trk=myg_ugrp_ovrC:\Users\Siobhan\Documents\Bluetooth%20Exchange%20Folder>.

The OmniCompete Group includes Global Security Challenge and Energy Storage Challenge.