[Cs-affiliates] CS Outreach Program.

Abbas Attarwala attarwal at bu.edu
Mon Oct 16 10:36:21 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,
I am planning to put a small outreach program for CS high school students
(grade 11 or 12) here at BU. I plan to do this either on 17th November or
18th November. The purpose of this is to get highschool students excited
about math and cs and have them participate in some fun programming
activities and learn something new.  There are some resources available by
Google on their CS4HS page (https://www.cs4hs.com) that I will make use of.

--I want to reach out to BU Academy (https://www.buacademy.org/home) or
maybe other local schools. Would you happen to have any contacts or know
someone that I can touch base with and get word out?

--Are there any interested graduate students who can help me with this?

--My initial plan is to get 15-20 students together. I like to start this
small, so I can learn what works and what does not work and make future
iterations of this outreach better.

If you have any feedback, suggestions, thoughts, I will love to hear them.

thanks,
abbas