[Cs-affiliates] FY2019 budget requests for course instruction

Paul Stauffer paulds at bu.edu
Thu Nov 2 14:06:05 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I am in the process of finalizing the department's IT budget plan for
FY2019, which runs from July 2018 through June 2019.

Please let me know if you anticipate needing any new hardware, software, or
IT services for any of the courses you will be teaching during the 2018-2019
academic year that you feel should be considered for inclusion in the
budget.  No need for exact costs at this point, but a general ballpark of
any expected needs would be very helpful for planning the budget.

One thing in particular warrants mentioning; if you are planning on having
any of your classes print posters next year, it is critical that you let us
know the approximate number now so we can budget for it.  If you don't make
this request in advance so we can plan for it in the budget, we cannot
guarantee that there will be funds available later on.

I'm hoping to have the budget proposal finalized within the next week, so
please let me know before then if you have any requests in mind.

thanks,
- Paul

--
Paul Stauffer <paulds at bu.edu>
IT Manager, Boston University Dept of Computer Science