[Cs-affiliates] systems staff coverage during Comm Ave construction

Paul Stauffer paulds at bu.edu
Mon May 22 14:52:33 EDT 2017

Hi all,

As most of you probably know, there is a major construction project
affecting much of Commonwealth Avenue this summer, from July 27 - August 13.
See https://www.bu.edu/today/2017/comm-ave-bridge-construction-closure/ for
details.

To help mitigate the inevitable traffic problems during this time, the
university is asking managers to encourage flexible working arrangements for
staff where possible.  Most of IS&T's staff will be working remotely during
this time, and after consulting with Mark, I've extended that recommendation
to Joe and Rob as well.  (I will already be working remotely at this point
myself; more details on that in a forthcoming message.)

If you anticipate needing direct hands-on assistance with a project during
that roughly two week period of the summer, please try to contact
support at cs.bu.edu at least a day ahead, and either Joe or Rob will plan to
commute to campus to assist if necessary.  If it's possible to schedule such
projects either before or after that period, please contact us to discuss
your needs, and we'll do everything necessary to help make that possible.
Likewise, if an emergency situation arises, please call or e-mail us, and we
will respond as needed, including dispatching someone to campus or working
with staff already on site.

Otherwise, please continue to contact us via e-mail, phone, or
Skype/Hangouts as usual during this period.  We will all be online and able
to respond to your requests during the normal work day, and we will be in
frequent contact with each other as well.

If you have any questions about these arrangements, please let me know.

best,
- Paul

--
Paul Stauffer <paulds at bu.edu>