[Cs-affiliates] BU CS admitted PhD student open house

Devits, Christopher R cdevits at bu.edu
Tue Mar 7 17:44:48 EST 2017

Dear CS PhD Students, Faculty, and Staff,

On Friday March 17, we will be hosting over two dozen admitted PhD students as part of our first-ever departmental open house day. The goal is simple, to introduce these admitted students to all that is BU CS, hopefully giving them a clear picture of what life would be like as a PhD student in our department should they choose to enroll here.

The capstone event will be a buffet dinner and drinks on Friday March 17, from 6:00 – 8:00PM at the BU Castle. You are all invited. However, we need an accurate head count and so we ask that you Please RSVP here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeUrk6l30oPdx73hNNvvRrSYceCbyo7rpGqt4SjgObDCvaCbw/viewform?usp=sf_link>.

There will be events occurring throughout the day, and details regarding the schedule are available at http://www.bu.edu/cs/phd-accepted-student-open-house/. I will be reaching out to some current PhD students tomorrow asking for assistance with specific components of our day, so stayed tuned.

Please let me or Evimaria know if you have any questions. Thank you so far to everyone that has helped pull this important event together, and thank you in advance for your participation on March 17!

Christopher DeVits
Department Administrator
Computer Science
Boston University