[Cs-affiliates] Digital Media Commons for All of BU

Crovella, Mark E crovella at bu.edu
Mon Jun 19 14:09:13 EDT 2017

Dear Faculty -
Forwarding the below.
Best,
Mark

———

Dear colleague,

Would you like access to a digital media commons that you and your students could use for class or independent projects? A facility where you could shoot and edit a film, record a podcast, or develop a brochure, with the creative, technical, and design assistance of an experienced consultant?

With members of BU Libraries and the Digital Learning Initiative, we are developing a proposal to pilot a digital media space that could pave the way for a full-scale media commons on the Charles River Campus. A key part of this proposal is data supporting our assertion that faculty and students want such a facility and, in fact, need it to fulfill new Hub requirements in digital/multimedia expression.

Please follow the link to a brief survey about the potential for a digital media space that would be open to faculty and students alike. Your input is critical, and the survey will take just a few minutes. The survey will close June 30th.

Survey Link: https://bostonu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dmYmpX44wwlXZhb

Thank you for your time. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Deborah Breen
Senior Lecturer, CAS Writing Program
dfbreen at bu.edu<mailto:dfbreen at bu.edu>