[Cs-affiliates] Latest update on new printers

Joseph Szep jszep at bu.edu
Mon Jul 10 16:48:10 EDT 2017

Hi all,

We have completely retired the printers BULLWINKLE, CLUNKY, and BLINKY.
We will be retiring ACRYLICS on Wednesday.

The replacement printer for BLINKY is CS-PSYPRINT (10.241.34.11).  It
is located in PSY 232.  It is a Ricoh MPC-307-C model color printer.

The replacement printer for BULLWINKLE and CLUNKY is MCS205-BW (10.241.68.52).
It is a Ricoh MP 2555SPAD model black and white printer.

The replacement printer for ACRYLICS is MCS205-COLOR (10.241.68.53). It
is a Ricoh MPC2504EX-C model color printer.

All three printers, MCS205-BW, MCS205-COLOR, and CS-PSYPRINT are up and
running and available for use.  These new printers have many features
and we are working on figuring out how to access them.

NOTE:  MCS205-BW and MCS205-COLOR have been relocated to the far side of
room MCS205, against the wall closer to the kitchen/lounge.

If you have a Mac or Windows system and you would like to install the
proper print drivers for the printers, here are some links for that:

MCS205-BW:	http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_ut_e/rc3/model/mp2595/mp2595.htm
MCS205-COLOR:	http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_ut_e/rc3/model/mpc200/mpc200.htm
CS-PSYPRINT:	http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_ut_e/rc3/model/mpc307/mpc307.htm

Rob is working on getting the new printers defined on the Windows print server.
Until that is done, you could try to manually add the printer to your system.

Macintosh systems will have to manually add each printer.  From the Systems Preference
dialog, add the printer using it's IP address.

For our Linux systems, the printer definitions are all set up on the Linux print
server.

I will give another update soon on the printer's features and how to access them.

Any questions, please email:   support at cs.bu.edu

-Joe

--
Joseph T. Szep